Fitting / Testing
One of the initial hurdles some people have with Vibram Fivefingers or Luna Sandals is to get them fitting right. Much like putting a pair of gloves on a small child, some peoples' adult feet have similar dexterity!
Top tips for Vibram Fivefingers are:
1) Put the shoe on the floor and walk the foot into it (rather than picking the foot off the floor)
2) Ensure the big toe goes into the 1st toe slot (often it will head straight for the 2nd toe pocket due to malformation of Western feet due to habitual use of footwear.
3) Leave the heel out until each of the toes is in place, THEN pull the heel up last.
For more information, here is a YouTube snippet we put together for our retailers to help them help potential customers to put Vibram Fivefingers on effortlessly:
Top Tips for Fitting Luna Sandals are:
1) The heel strap should be secure enough that it doesn't slip when you walk, but loose enough it doesn't push your foot forward into the toe strap.
2) Adjust the part of the strap that feels loose or tight, bearing in mind that it is one continuous piece of strapping.
3) Thread the strapping through the sole in the appropriate direction, and finally adjust the strap pulling the elastic tab to secure the loose end.